If you want to make lasting changes in your life, we recommend that you skip the "New Year's Resolution" tradition. That's right, instead of making a one-year commitment, today make a New Life Resolution!
What's the difference? Instead of seeing January 1, 2019 as the start of a new calendar year, see it as it truly is... the first day of the rest of your life!
Most of us know from research -- and from experience -- that New Year's resolutions last for a short time; in reality more than half fail. But we don't worry about this too much, because we get to do it all over again next January 1? As my old coach used to say, "So how's that working for you?"
If you really want to make lasting change in your life, decide today to make a New Life Resolution. Here's how you can go about it:
1. State (verbally and in writing) the success you want to achieve. That is, have a crystal clear vision of the ultimate goal you want to meet. Say, see, feel, even taste and smell the success you want. Use all your senses to embody what achieving success will be like.
2. Know exactly why you want to achieve this success. Knowing "your why" will keep you on track through the ups and downs on your road to success.
3. Once you are clear on your ultimate goal, make a time-based action plan.
4. Take action with the help of an accountability partner.
5. Track your progress and celebrate your successes.
Sound easier said than done? Not if you have help. If you need help getting started on your New Life Resolution, all this month I'm offering a free 30-minute New Life Resolution Consultation. Just send an email to [email protected] to set up a mutually convenient time to connect.
Let's make 2019 the start of the successful life you deserve to live!
Keep moving forward and looking upwards,
Colin McClean, Your Career Blacksmith
Sign up for my blog to receive the latest career acceleration news and tips.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
Please provide your first name and email below. I'm looking forward to sharing job search and career advancement tips with you.